We are currently working with a leading international trade association who are recruiting for a Senior/ Energy Policy Adviser.
Reporting to the Head of Policy (Energy & Infrastructure) you will be responsible for:
- Developing energy policy positions on issues such as the Paris Agreement, EU energy and climate policy;
- Developing policy briefs, reports, consultation responses on the issues relevant to your policy portfolio;
- Drafting and presenting papers and internal policy reports for relevant boards and committees;
- Representing the organisation when engaging with external stakeholders, the business community and organisations such as Ofgem, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and HM Treasury to ensure an appropriate level of influence on energy policy issues.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of developing and influencing policy in the UK;
- A good understanding of UK political institutions;
- Ideally a background in energy policy but candidates who can demonstrate a genuine interest in the area with an ability to develop strong technical competence will be considered;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrable experience of engaging with senior stakeholders.