Innovation in business is a key aspect of economic prosperity. Issues such as research and development, digital infrastructure and technology, the digital single market, data protection and cyber security are at the forefront of policy debate to ensure that businesses are embracing innovation to further their development.
As the Senior Innovation Policy Adviser, you will be responsible for engaging business, the government and other audiences on these topics.
- Develop evidence-based policy solutions on the aforementioned issues.
- Engage on both UK and EU innovation policy.
- Build relationships with a range of stakeholders that have an interest in digital strategy.
- Produce briefings, respond to policy consultations and develop other policy outputs.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A strong academic background to degree level or equivalent;
- Master’s degree (desirable);
- A background in UK and EU policy development with knowledge of how the institutions work;
- Ideally, a background in digital or broader innovation policy issues;
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior stakeholders in business, government etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of the business innovation policy debate with the chance to lead on influencing positive outcomes for industry and commerce in the UK.