Our Client is a Health Body which conducts examinations, carries out training, education and research activities and advises the government on health and medical matters.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing a portfolio of policy issues;
- Leading and proactively identifying strategic policy issues and priorities. This will include keeping abreast of complex policy debates and promoting further understanding of a range of issues by producing informed analyses of health policy;
- Researching and writing reports, working papers, briefings, policy positions, parliamentary bulletins and consultation responses, as required, proactively engaging with internal and external partners as appropriate;
- Establishing, managing and delivering specific projects, including writing project proposals, devising project plans, setting project milestones, managing project budgets and staffing, and evaluating impact;
- Maintaining a keen awareness of issues within the health and healthcare agendas, and advise senior officers and staff accordingly, providing information, policy support and advice to boards, committees.
- Excellent understanding of current health agenda in the UK;
- Experience of advising senior colleagues and decision makers on complex policy issues;
- Demonstrable ability to quickly assimilate complex issues and develop policy stance and ‘lines to take’;
- High level of political understanding, sensitivity and awareness;
- Excellent communication skills, including first class presentation skills, excellent writing and editing skills, and meticulous attention to detail.