A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Policy Adviser within the charity sector.
- Lead work on ensuring policy on child sexual abuse is informed by the latest research and evidence;
- Work with colleagues to assess the impact of policy and practice changes on the scale and nature of abuse.
- An understanding of the workings of Government and the policy making process and how to engage them effectively;
- Knowledge of current legislative, policy and practice developments affecting children, young people and families across the UK (essential);
- Experience of managing and balancing relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders with differing views and agendas;
- Experience of developing policy proposals, and offering informed criticisms of policy proposals, based on evidence from research and practice;
- Experience of conducting and project managing policy and research projects;
- Identifying and maximising opportunities within the political/external environment to advance organisational objectives;
- Representing your team/organisation internally and externally at a senior level, for example on coalitions and working groups.