My client is a leading UK membership body who recently establishes a team to focus on the UK’s departure from the EU, trying to influence negotiations on behalf of members and providing members with the guidance they will need to prepare for the exit.
The main responsibilities for the post holder will be:
- Policy Consultations - through in-depth policy discussions, broader roundtable events and written surveys - with Trade Associations and member businesses, to understand what steps Government could take to support members preparing for Brexit;
- Drafting of responses to political and policy developments, including position papers, speeches, consultations and legislation - from the UK Government, EU negotiators and third parties as relevant;
- Supporting the Senior Management Team with Government Engagement, ensuring they have high-quality briefing and the information they need to persuade senior politicians and policymakers to deliver the solutions that members need;
- Producing and providing easy-to-understand materials to members, for example about the Brexit process, and what different potential scenarios and policy changes could mean for their businesses and the business environment;
- Attending and organising member meetings, roundtable series, webinars and presentations to provide members with the clearest possible understanding of what Brexit means for them;
- Responding to the views of members raised as new issues emerge, including in correspondence at a senior level to the Director General.