To provide high quality, strategic and politically savvy advice to the Chief Executive with a focus on priority issues and activities for the sector and organisation. Oversight, planning and support for CEO’s engagement with external stakeholders.
- Provide advice and counsel to the CEO; horizon scanning, anticipating developments and future consequences globally;
- Produce rigorous policy analysis, reports and briefings;
- Draft speeches, presentations and other papers for the CEO;
- Draft a range of outputs, in a variety of writing styles, on behalf of the CEO including internal and external blogs, letters and articles;
- Lead on research, analysis and reporting of information relating to corporate strategy, programmes and activities;
- To monitor policy and political debates and developments on current issues relating to the work of Advance HE;
- To maintain strategic overview of the external environment and the sector landscape, working with the relevant Advance HE teams, to support the CEO with external engagements;
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the context and sector in which Advance HE operates, including an awareness of wider political, social and economic considerations;
- To assist the CEO to promote the organisation externally through writing, media, social networks, expert groups and public speaking, with a particular focus on digital media.
- Understanding of the higher education sector and its policy context with the aptitude to develop specific knowledge;
- Experience of working at a national level;
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of using creative and innovative presentation techniques to incorporate a range of multi-media;
- Experience of summarising research presented in a variety of different formats (reports, articles, papers);
- Experienced at critical analysis and interpretation;
- Experience of managing or demonstrable experience demonstrating the aptitude of implementing change management projects including culture change;
- A passion for higher education and its pivotal societal role and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.