A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Vice President Government Affairs & Policy (Banking) at a major bank in London.
You will be:
- Horizon scanning for new, emerging or changes in on-going public policy developments that impact the organisation's strategic objectives;
- Analysing political and public policy developments that affect the organisations and proactively develop advocacy strategies and campaigns to influence the outcome of public policy and political developments;
- Analysing policy Issues predominantly prudential related such as CRD V, recovery & resolution Basel etc.;
- Building and maintaining a strong internal and external network to ensure a strong awareness of relevant policy developments;
- Advising senior management, including Group ExCo, on the impact of public policy developments and advocacy responses;
- Coordinating and writing responses, on behalf of the organisation's, to Government consultation papers that affect the organisation.
You will have:
- Good, deep knowledge of banking and ability to understand complex prudential issues as they affect the organisation and simplify messages for an audience with a much shallower understanding of banking;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working as part of a virtual team across the organisation;
- Knowledge of or demonstrable propensity to learn quickly the fundamentals of the UK and EU legislative systems, policy making and role of Government and officials in the policy making process;
- Those form other highly technical and regulated markets will be considered.