A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Vice President Regulatory Policy with a major bank. You will:
- Ensure the bank leverages its Group-wide resources appropriately to have the greatest possible influence on the formulation of regulatory policy by external policy makers;
- Working with a broad range of internal stakeholders, to lead (a) the development of the banks advocacy and regulatory engagement strategy on regulatory policy developments for UK issues; and (b) the formulation of the banks response to changes in regulation via position papers and consultation responses;
- Produce internal communications, briefing materials to internal stakeholders on new regulatory proposals and on how to most effectively engage UK/EU regulators on specific UK policy issues;
- Supporting the firm’s interaction with relevant trade associations and industry bodies on UK/EU regulatory policy issues in the furtherance of the Regulatory Policy team’s core objective;
- Acting as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in relation to specific policy issues, including with relevant regulators and other government officials in the UK and Europe.
You will have:
- Strong understanding and experience of conduct and investor protection regulations and experience of dealing with regulators, possibly gained through working in a regulator;
- Excellent communication skills - spoken and written and an ability to explain complex regulatory issues and topics at a non-technical level;
- High levels of initiative and an ability to anticipate and solve problems;
- Strong coordination and organisation skills and ability to multi-task and turnaround requests quickly under pressure;
- Excellent team player;
- Someone who is highly motivated and wants to work in a successful team and goes home each evening feeling that with a sense of achievement;
- Ability to prioritise conflicting work demands.