Following the government’s announcement that an independent inquiry into the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic will begin in spring 2022, Kingsley Napley LLP and global consulting firm FTI Consulting are hosting an online seminar on the theme of preparing for public inquiries.
Our expert panel of speakers will explore and debate the following topics:
- Learning from past inquiries;
- Scope and terms of reference in public inquiries;
- Adversarial or co-operative?
- The importance of disclosure;
- Preparing your client;
- Reputation management;
- Dealing with the draft report.
Our speakers will draw on their experience to highlight the best approach to providing representation in public inquiries, how to avoid pitfalls, and the practical steps that need to be borne in mind.
Attendees will be able to ask live questions and the discussion will be followed by a 30-min online networking session.
The panel of experts will be chaired by Stephen Parkinson, Senior Partner and member of the Public Law team at Kingsley Napley.
Speakers will include:
- Sophie Kemp (Head of Public Law, Kingsley Napley LLP)
- Kate Gallafent QC (Blackstone Chambers)
- Alex Deane (Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting)
The event is free to attend.