The annual PRCA Public Affairs Awards - again sponsored by DeHavilland - saw winners take away awards in 21 different categories at the UK’s prestigious public affairs and lobbying awards held on Thursday 5th December.
The black-tie event in London brought together hundreds of leading public affairs and lobbying experts at the Park Plaza Riverbank, hosted by BBC Politics Live presenter, Jo Coburn.
Big winners on the night included Battersea and APCO Worldwide, winning Corporate Campaign of the Year and Social Media Campaign of the Year; and Big Innovation Centre, winning Party Conference Fringe Event of the Year and Think Tank of the Year.
The Outstanding Contribution award went to political consultant Lionel Zetter FPRCA, and the Douglas Smith Prize 2019 was awarded to Sophia Stileman MPRCA, Researcher, Atlas Partners.
In-house Professional of the Year went to The Investment Association’s Hannah Marwood, while Consultant of the Year went Rob Dale MPRCA from Connect.
Congratulations to all the winners:
- Best Campaign in Scotland - 3×1 and Viridor
- Best Campaign in Wales - Deryn
- Best Campaign in Northern Ireland - British Heart Foundation NI & Donate4Daithi
- Corporate Campaign of the Year - APCO Worldwide
- Trade Body Campaign of the Year - Federation of Small Businesses
- Public Sector Campaign of the Year - BCW
- Planning Campaign of the Year - Connect
- Voluntary Sector Campaign of the Year - Dogs Trust
- Social Media Campaign of the Year - APCO Worldwide
- Best In-House Consultancy Collaboration - OVID Health and NHS Confederation
- Consultancy Campaign of the Year - PB Consulting
- Party Conference Fringe Event of the Year - Big Innovation Centre
- Party Conference Reception of the Year - PLMR
- Party Conference Stand of the Year - NFU
- In-house Professional of the Year - Hannah Marwood
- Consultant of the Year - Rob Dale
- Think Tank of the Year - Big Innovation Centre
- In-house Team of the Year - The Investment Association
- Consultancy of the Year - Atlas Partners
- Douglas Smith Prize - Sophia Stileman
- Outstanding Contribution - Lionel Zetter
Francis Ingham MPRCA, Director General, PRCA, said: “This is the sixth year of the PRCA Public Affairs Awards, and once again it was a night to remember. The standard of entries has never been higher, and is evidence of a thriving, rapidly-growing, and highly ethical industry. Congratulations to everyone who took home an award, and indeed to all finalists. It was an enormous pleasure to recognise Lionel Zetter’s forty years of achievement with the Outstanding Contribution award. His status in public affairs is truly legendary, so this award was a fitting way to mark his retirement earlier this year, and to thank him for all that he has done to advance the interests of ethical lobbying.“