Concilio Communications is an intelligence-led public affairs consultancy specialising in advice for clients in the property sector. We have recently won some very exciting new projects and are looking to hire an Account Manager to join our energetic and growing team of specialists. Our team of dedicated and passionate engagement professionals offer a breadth of experience and knowledge from across the worlds of politics, media, and community activism and we are looking for someone to hit the ground running and strengthen our team.
We are looking for a talented individual with a background in public affairs, politics, communications and / or public consultation. The suitable candidate will ideally have experience working within the development and property sectors, preferably working with a network of political contacts.
You will be willing and able to develop strong working relationships with clients, run projects and accounts independently with strategic oversight and organise meaningful engagement events on the projects we currently have. The ability to generate new business and contribute to our business development strategy would be beneficial, although experience in this is not essential.
You will be a highly motivated, commercially focussed, enthusiastic self-starter with a passion for operating across the public affairs, stakeholder engagement and community consultation sectors. You are outgoing and adaptable and able to build rapport quickly both internally and externally.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your responsibilities include the running of projects or programmes within accounts on time and to high standards, whilst also managing account executives to complete work efficiently and within budget.
- Establish and nurture strong working relationship with clients and stakeholders and develop and maintain an understanding of clients’ commercial objectives;
- Oversight of newsletter production with a close attention to detail;
- Help clients achieve their objectives through strategic communications advice and the development of effective strategic programmes;
- Manage and deliver projects in collaboration with colleagues – ensuring projects run smoothly, on time and to budget;
- Facilitate engagement meetings and participate in events while developing targeted engagement strategies to support the key objectives of the projects;
- Organise and attend networking events and pitch meetings.
- Can work independently, taking ownership of projects and allocating tasks;
- Project management skills and the ability to work across several projects at the same time;
- Ideally, experience of working in a consultancy environment although that does not have to be communications related;
- Clear understanding of the local planning sector;
- A strong understanding of local government works;
- A strong understanding of how stakeholder and community engagement works, including the role that political stakeholders play in determining key investment and planning related decisions;
- Excellent writing and good presentation skills;
- An ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
What we can offer you:
- Structured career development and progression;
- The opportunity to work on high profile developments in a growing company;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience);
- Bonus Scheme;