When meeting us, you’ll quickly discover that the best thing about the ABI is the people. We’re hugely proud that 100% of our people feel colleagues within their team respect each other and we feel empowered to bring our whole self to work without fear of judgment and embrace all our differences as every voice matters. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We are open to flexible and/or job share working – please let us know if this would be your preference. We work in a hybrid way with at least 40% of time in the office.
In this 12-month maternity cover contract, you will head the ABI’s campaigns and marketing function, overseeing the delivery of impactful and engaging multi-channel campaigns that positively move the dial in relation to the reputation of the insurance and long-term savings industry.
We welcome people who are new to insurance (most of us were when we joined) – as well as those with experience.
What’s the job?
- Lead the development of campaigns in relation to long-term challenges being faced by the insurance and long-term savings industry (e.g., reputation, climate change, diversity & inclusion);
- Line manage a high performing Campaigns & Marketing team;
- Oversee the ABI’s website and a potential project to refresh and improve our current online presence;
- Refine and deliver a comprehensive digital marketing and content strategy, including the ABI website, social media and intranet;
- Build our expertise in audience insight and programmatic advertising to keep the ABI at the leading edge of trends in modern communications;
- Oversee the delivery of effective internal and member communications which demonstrate the value of the ABI to its members, keep them informed and up to date and showcase the expertise of the ABI;
- Attend ABI Committees and Working Groups as required to provide insight on the external campaigning and strategic communications environment.
What skills do you need?
- Digital marketing - you can deliver impactful multi-channel digital marketing campaigns, audience insight and programmatic advertising.
- Communication skills - your oral and written communication is outstanding and you can get messages across easily to different audiences.
- Relationship management - you win the confidence of and build and maintain close relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking - you identify and act on opportunities, challenges and risks in situations that may have not fully crystallised.
- Planning - you plan for and manage deadlines effectively, both for yourself and for others.
- Leadership - you effectively line manage a motivated team with your empathy and good judgement.