The Falkland Islands Government Office are looking for a Communications and Media Officer, this is based in the UK within London.
To assist Falkland Islands Government Office (FIGO) in the delivery of its long-term Public Diplomacy and Public Relations Strategy. This includes engagement with key stakeholders, such as Falkland Islanders in the UK, the UK public and institutions, and developing online and in-person materials to promote and disseminate FIGO’s key messages to target audiences with the aim of raising the profile of the Falklands in the UK.
- A degree and/or a relevant professional qualification;
- An NVQ Level 4 qualification or equivalent;
- Significant relevant experience working in a similar field;
- Socially confident, able to network effectively, listen effectively and demonstrate a thoughtful and engaging presence;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, coupled with strong management and processing of data, while utilising different information sources.
- Starting Salary £38,781 - £44,716 (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £47,904;
- 30 days annual leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave);
- London Allowance This is currently set at the rate of £849.67 per calendar month for full time staff.
The Working Environment
Falkland Islands Government Office (FIGO)
Opened in 1983, the Falkland Islands Government Office (FIGO) aims to raise awareness of the Islands and represent the interests of the Falkland Islands Government and people, targeting government, members of Parliament, media and the general public in the UK.
It also provides a number of support services, which include assisting medical patients visiting the UK and managing MoD charter flight bookings.
The office is based in Westminster and a team of seven people are employed in FIGO.