As the leader of DeHavilland’s finance and business policy team, you will be responsible for one of our most important portfolios of big-name financial services clients who are relying on you to help them navigate this complex policy landscape. You will enjoy working with commercial colleagues to grow this client base.
You will have good knowledge and experience of UK economic policy, especially financial services, and you will make sure the public affairs professionals you work with can cut through the noise, while never missing a policy development that could affect them, however nuanced. You will help them join the dots between politics and policy, give them visibility of what might lie ahead, and provide the tools they need to build practical engagement.
DeHavilland is on an exciting journey to build on its unparalleled reputation for political monitoring, providing greater intelligence and insight through our expertise, research and relationships. Our consultant-level roles are at the leading edge of this strategy, designed with the flexibility to build on your existing policy expertise through networking, taking part in events and growing your own reputation along with DeHavilland’s.
As line manager to the three other people on the finance and business team, you will enjoy the satisfaction of developing others working on portfolios across business and tech, and directly contributing to the future direction of the business as a whole.
We are keen to find someone with experience in a financial services policy role who is looking for greater responsibility and scope to develop. Experience of line management would be a benefit but is not essential.
Of course, we will give you all the training you need to grow your skills and experience. And because we’re part of Ascential, the specialist global information company, we have great benefits as well as a fantastic office just off the Strand in London.
- Provide written and verbal political intelligence to financial services clients;
- Manage the UK corporate team to ensure all members are providing the best service to clients;
- Take a leading role in growing the financial services portfolio and communicating opportunities across the business;
- Raise your profile and that of DeHavilland by attending and taking part in events and contributing and executing ideas for impactful content and research.
Your experience and knowledge:
- Good knowledge of the financial services sector is essential;
- Ideally someone who has some experience working in a consultancy with financial services clients;
- A background in politics and public affairs is desirable, but it’s more important that you understand financial services policy and regulation and have a desire to make a career in public affairs and policy;
- Line management experience is not essential, but the desire to lead and develop team members is.
Your skills and attributes:
- Ability to deliver information accurately and impactfully in a fast-paced environment;
- First-class writing and verbal communication skills in English at native level or equivalent;
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication and a commitment to give and seek feedback;
- Flexibility, great team-work, high personal motivation.
What we offer
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days;
- Great learning and development opportunities;
- Pension, private medical and dental insurance plans;
- Life assurance; income protection and critical illness cover;
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme.