I am recruiting a 12 month maternity cover EU and UK Public Affairs Manager with a global healthcare business.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement on our UK business operations. Liaise with the relevant external stakeholders to gather intelligence and share insights;
- Monitor and analyse EU and Brussels and country activities/developments in the field of (list not exhaustive) healthcare (including digital innovation), pharmaceutical wholesale distribution, environmental, retail, and cosmetic policy, business, and corporate affairs (i.e., taxation, governance, regulation), identifying priorities and bringing them to the attention of leaders;
- Support the development of concise company responses to healthcare and digital innovation consultations (UK and EU) and policy proposals and contribute to the crafting, delivery, and execution of influencing strategies, including external representation with elected politicians and government decision makers;
- Support business leaders in developing a proper understanding of the political situation in specific markets particularly following general elections or cabinet reshuffling – and in identifying business and lobbying opportunities;
- Assess, together with subject matter experts from business units, possible impacts and identify opportunities to influence policy developments and legislative processes for the benefit of the company.
You will have:
- Experience of NHS / pharmaceutical public policy or FMCG policy;
- Knowledge of the Brussels and Westminster environments would be desirable;
- Experience in a public affairs / government relations role;
- The ability to understand complex systems, process large amounts of varied data, and undertake the necessary analysis to communicate issues concisely and clearly.