Are you a politically engaged individual, seeking to work on a freelance basis for an award-winning public affairs consultancy? Are you passionate about championing diversity in the transport sector? This could be the role for you.
Who we are and what we do
JFG Communications (JFG Comms) is a boutique, virtual public affairs consultancy specialising in stakeholder engagement, political communications, and diversity. We work with clients in the transport, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Public affairs and diversity specialists
We're experts in creating innovative ways to connect people and policymakers to enable better policy. We provide the creative spark to help companies develop and achieve their communications and stakeholder engagement goals.
As diversity specialists, we provide expert advice and initiatives to help companies achieve more diverse and inclusive teams. The focus is primarily on gender diversity, as there is a lack of gender balance in the transport and construction workforces.
Started in 2016, by our award-winning Founder & Managing Director, Jo Field, we are a niche consultancy with a campaigning purpose - to improve communications and engagement on transport and infrastructure projects. This will help the industry reach a wider audience and encourage more women and under-represented groups to consider transport careers.
We work with customers and partners aligned with our purpose and together we deliver great campaigns.
As a founding member of the Public Relations and Communications Association's (PRCA’s) first ever virtual agencies group, we've put virtual, flexible and agile working at the heart of our business model. While most companies are working virtually at the moment, this is our normal way of working.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented senior-level Freelance PR and Public Affairs Consultant to work alongside our existing team on a selection of accounts.
We're looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running, managing services and delivering projects for our public affairs and communications clients in the transport, infrastructure and construction sectors.
You should have the following skills/experience:
- Public affairs and media relations experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially the ability to write in plain, clear, concise language;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound political judgement;
- Highly organised, able to work independently, and capable of managing several projects at once;
- Transport / infrastructure / construction sector experience;
- Crisis communications expertise.
- Public sector experience;
- Passion or interest in gender equality and improving women’s representation in male dominated sectors;
- This is a freelance contract and hours/work will vary in accordance with demand.
The role will be mostly home based but may involve travel to client sites for meetings.