About Our Client
The Business Banking Resolution Service (BBRS) is establishing an industry funded dispute resolution service to resolve historic and future disputes between Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and participating providers of banking services. It will do this in a transparent, timely and accessible manner and without the need for litigation.
- Under the guidance of the Interim Director of Legal and Policy, determine, develop and support in the delivery of BBRS scheme policies and any supporting guidance documentation to ensure fair and reasonable outcomes for the customers;
- Continual evaluation of the effectiveness of the policies from the analysis of available MI, customer and other stakeholder feedback;
- Work closely with the Chief Adjudicator to identify thematic learnings from case reviews to share internally, with the regulators and wider industry;
- Monitor policy landscape (desk-based research) specifically in the SME sector and Financial Services to ensure BBRS contributes to key consultations and to ensure that developments in the broader regulatory environment are assessed for impact on BBRS;
- Prepare briefings for senior leadership and external organisation's including the drafting of consultations, reports, briefing packs or material for stakeholder events; presentations;
- Identify and maximise opportunities for the development of high value relationships with key stakeholders including the SME community, media, opinion formers, regulators and other stakeholders and ensure that they are made aware of the work undertaken by BBRS.
The Successful Applicant
- A regulatory, policy or legal background, with proven experience in the UK Financial Services industry or other highly regulated market;
- Knowledge and experience in policy development and implementation, policy development cycle, legislative processes and open policy making techniques in regulatory or legal environment;
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations and provide well-reasoned opinion based on objective assessment of and analysis of regulation, rules and guidance;
- Extensive experience in drafting high quality reports and briefing materials
- Proven experience of project working and delivering to tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to build robust relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels, including the most senior stakeholders.