I am recruiting for a Public Policy Manager with a global legal firm in London.
- Developing the Public Policy and Strategic Communication practice's profile in the UK market and within the firm;
- Innovating new products and services to develop profile and revenue for the Public Policy and Strategic Communications team, and the wider Climate and Sustainability Advisory practice;
- Identifying new business opportunities and attracting clients to the practice both internally (through referral from our lawyers) and externally
- Managing UK aspects of key client accounts;
- Providing clients with strategic and tactical advice on the work of, and their relationships with, Parliament, Government and the policy community;
- Managing and undertaking policy research;
- Producing and ensuring the quality, content and delivery of client reports issued on a daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis;
- Providing public affairs and media training for clients;
- Providing in-house advice for various legal teams.
You will have:
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of politics, public policy and Government at Westminster, Whitehall, and local authority level, including institutional structures, processes, key decision makers, the media and news cycle;
- A strategic approach to clients' businesses and management of their accounts;
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar or related role in consultancy, in-house, Government, Parliament, the media, or another relevant discipline;
- Proactive and efficient delivery of relevant information;
- Commitment to client service, ability to build strong relationships;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Flexible attitude to work;
- Ability to think laterally to identify opportunities for clients and for business development;
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to grow the practice;
- ESG / climate experience would be desirable though not essential.