I am currently recruiting a with a Vice President Regional Public Affairs with a global bank based in London. The purpose of this role will be to cultivate strong and deep relationships across key external audiences including MPs, local government, civic leaders, business groups, and the media. Through these relationships, drive increases in familiarity and improve knowledge of the bank and its activities. Build networks of advocates and promote initiatives that enhance perceptions of bank. Engage on issues of importance to key external stakeholders and act in the best interests of the bank’s reputation, including managing reputational risk impacts in the region.
- Build and cultivate relationships with political stakeholders in a strategic and thoughtful way. Proactively manage these relationships to protect and enhance corporate reputation;
- Support the Government Relations team to advance advocacy objectives and seek opportunities to support the Head of External Engagement with targeted political engagement;
- Focus delivery of activity on issues material to the bank, government, and parliamentarians, and support the execution of public policy campaigns in line with the bank’s strategic objectives;
- Deliver proactive external communications, managing media relationships, and aligning activity with key strategic themes and campaigns;
- Manage relationships with regional business and industry groups where those relationships align with the bank’s’ strategic objectives and deliver tangible benefits;
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and manage reputational risks, escalating as appropriate and in a timely way.
You will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong understanding of UK politics and an awareness of the political environment in which the bank operates;
- Strong capabilities in project and process management;
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely;
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the bank;
- Collaborative approach and an ability to navigate complex organisations;
- Ability to work independently and drive forward projects and activity at pace;
- Experience of working in parliament or government;
- Experience of briefing senior stakeholders.