My client is a highly regarded membership body. They have a dedicated team of technical experts who help inform policy decisions, work on behalf of the sector, and keep members updated on topics effecting the industry.
In the role you will be:
- Providing lead expertise and advice to the organisation and members on all aspects of international trade policy and the global trade system;
- Developing a portfolio of positions, sector priorities and research & analysis on international trade to secure industry interest in Brexit negotiations and shape emerging government trade policies;
- To represent the organisation on international trade policy and develop influential relationships with government and key stakeholders at UK, EU and international level;
- To support the development and implementation of an International Trade Strategy that delivers industry priorities and supports business strategy.
- Trade policy expert with an excellent knowledge of EU and international trade policy and the global trade system/WTO combined with relevant professional experience in government or business;
- Academic qualifications – successful graduate/post-graduate degree in political, international affairs, legal, economic or other relevant disciplines;
- Proven professional experience in formulating trade policy, negotiating trade agreements or representing business interests in recent trade negotiations, gained through previous role(s) in national government, an international organisation or a trade association or corporate environment;
- Excellent command of international trade law, institutions & processes; trade agreements & negotiations; tariffs & non-tariff barriers;
- Highly motivated team player with a hands-on attitude, able to lead and collaborate across teams in delivering member value and influence in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills, fast learner able to combine existing expertise with UK and European industry political, technical and commercial priorities and member context;
- Excellent communicator with first class writing and presentational skills, able to write influential documents, command authority in committees and political discussions, and communicate effectively to diverse audiences; diplomatic, good IT skills/full command of Microsoft Word package;
- Experience in planning and project management. Ability to multi-task, respond flexibly to needs of business and members, and self-organise work effectively on different projects and issues.