You will plan and lead policy and public affairs activity including key stakeholder engagement. You will be responsible for planning parliamentary events and activities across the four parliaments.
- lead on stakeholder engagement for the team. Devising plans to target key parliamentarians and influencers across the UK;
- lead the secretariat for an APPG, running meetings, inquiries and setting the annual plan in collaboration with stakeholders;
- grow the organisation’s parliamentary supporters and maintain contact with them through one to one meetings and parliamentary emails or newsletters;
- plan and lead the annual activities for our client including parliamentary activities and events across Westminster, Holyrood, Stormont and the Welsh Assembly;
- write briefings for parliamentarians for debates and speaking engagements that Ministers may be involved in;
- lead the parliamentary monitoring function to ensure that key information is logged and shared within the team and across the organisation so that opportunities for influence can be seized;
- contribute to the development of policy positions;
- develop policy briefings and calls for the individual UK parliaments and also for individual parliamentarians, with targeted statistics and messages;
- confidently represent policy positions to external audiences, including senior policy and political stakeholders.
- A good understanding of health policy;
- Knowledge of the UK parliaments and key processes;
- Knowledge of influencing strategies for different stakeholders based on a theory of change including knowledge of parliamentary tactics and policy levers;
- Knowledge of All Party Parliamentary Groups and how to ensure the effective running of an APPG;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with parliamentarians, including meeting with them, producing briefing information and seeking their support for EDMs or asking parliamentary questions;
- Representing an organisation externally on charity coalitions and Government working groups;
- Working on policy and public affairs across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- External and internal stakeholder engagement and management skills, including verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to develop engagement plans;
- Excellent written skills for producing consultation responses, policy briefings for internal and external audiences, web copy, newsletters and reports.