WA Communications’ is looking for a new Account Executive to join our industry-leading health practice recently awarded Communique Public Affairs and Policy Consultancy of the Year.
WA is a strategic communications consultancy helping organisations achieve policy and reputational outcomes. We’re integrated in approach, bringing together public affairs, corporate communications, digital, research and creative services. We’re specialists in sectors where government action, media interest and public impact are often interlinked, including energy, education, financial services, healthcare and transport.
Our health practice is one of the UK’s leaders in integrated public affairs and corporate communications. Our health clients, whether global giants, leading charities or blue-chip brands, come to us for help navigating complex communications challenges of multi-stakeholder environments.
We’re motivated towards our core purpose of great people, doing great work, in a great company. We’re a people-first business meaning clients get support from the best people, who are motivated to succeed. We bring about change for clients and communicate their impact in society.
Everyone at WA gets opportunities to do impactful work that achieves results for clients and socially valuable outcomes, tackling business challenges through strategic communications. We have a dynamic, collaborative and supportive management ethos that inspires people to be at their best. We’re fun and sociable too.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious new consultant. You’ll get involved across our health client base in life sciences, medtech and the charity sector, broaden your communications skills and gain experience in business development. You’ll play your part in our growing team, solving client problems, delivering creative campaigns, and producing research and insights to shape client programmes. There’ll be excellent professional development support to help you develop and grow the skills to move forward in your career.
WA is based in Victoria, central London. Our success is underpinned by our independence and partnership model – giving us the flexibility to advise, invest and innovate around what our clients and people need.
ROLE SPECIFICATION & RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll be a recent graduate or in your early career with a genuine interest in healthcare and health issues. Qualities we value include:
- Understanding of government and policymaking, and interest in health policy, media and communications;
- Ability to analyse, summarise and communicate complex policy, regulatory and commercial issues;
- A client-centric attitude that prizes accessibility, responsiveness and quality;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills;
- Organisation and planning, time management and attention to detail;
- A clear and engaging writing style;
- Curiosity, initiative and willingness to learn;
- Desire to develop strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities;
- Consideration and care for colleagues;
- Experience in consultancy, parliament, a charity or another related organisation welcome not essential.
REWARDS & BENEFITS:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off;
- Competitive salary and pension plan;
- Focus on your personal development, including external training and professional coaching;
- Hybrid working plus core working hours, to allow for greater flexibility and work-life balance;
- Companywide annual performance-based bonus up to 5% of salary;
- Flexible benefits including private healthcare and heavily subsidised gym membership;
- Wellbeing benefits, plus team and all-company social events;
- Become part of a growing and award-winning people-focused agency;
- Feel confident you are making an impact on the biggest challenges for our clients and supporting WA’s vision, purpose and growth.
Location: WA hybrid working – minimum 2 days a week in the office, up to 3 days working from home.