We are looking for an enthusiastic Campaigns Assistant to support the Campaigns and Policy Manager organise and develop campaigns from inception to roll out, collaborating with stakeholders, drafting resources, and ensuring they fit in with our communications strategy and policy aims to positively engage men and boys to end men’s violence against women and girls.
Reporting to the Campaigns and Policy Manager, you will have lots of opportunity to use your initiative and be creative in thinking about how White Ribbon UK can raise awareness of how society can prevent violence against women and girls to many more thousands of people.
This is an exciting time for White Ribbon UK as we look to deliver our new strategy and grow our team. This is a new role that plays an important part in developing White Ribbon UK’s campaigns for White Ribbon Day and throughout the year.
- To work with the Campaigns and Policy Manager and Communications Officer to develop and deliver campaigns to engage with men and boys to end gender-based violence;
- Working in collaboration with all our partner organisations and individuals (Accredited Organisations, Ambassadors and Champions, Supporter Organisations, fundraisers, and other campaign partners) to support campaigning and awareness raising aims;
- Supporting the development of fundraisers and Supporters Organisations campaigning efforts throughout the year;
- Communicating and liaising with Parliamentarians in Westminster and Cardiff to support policy aims;
- To ensure White Ribbon UK can respond to exciting opportunities and further campaign aims;
- Support campaigning by undertaking desk research to inform the development of and drafting campaign resources, reports, presentations, and copy for various communications including newsletters;
- To undertake administrative tasks to support the smooth running of White Ribbon UK’s campaigning work including arranging meetings, taking minutes, disseminating information to stakeholders, and updating internal records;
- To occasionally represent White Ribbon UK at external meetings;
- Be a part of embedding new processes and strategy into the working practices and systems of the organisation, and support colleagues to implement it.
- Experience and knowledge of campaigning;
- Experience and knowledge of issues affecting women and girls in relation to gender-based violence. Understanding how to engage men and boys in tackling men’s violence against women and girls;
- High level of written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to draft briefings for campaigns based on policy aims;
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with and influencing public policy;
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload to deliver consistently high-quality outcomes on time;
- Ability to use initiative and judgement to identify problems early and propose solutions;
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with organisations and stakeholders;
- A self-starter with great initiative, an ability to identify potential opportunities for delivering value to the business and a willingness to take responsibility;
- Ability to work remotely with a dispersed team, capable of keeping in touch via Microsoft Teams and taking video calls;
- Fluent English is essential. Fluency in Welsh is desirable.
Location: Remote working, occasionally meeting with line manager in person. Also requires occasional whole team working days in the White Ribbon UK Office, West Yorkshire.