We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the post of Public Affairs Officer within the Communications and Marketing Team.
Come and join our team
We build, manage and look after homes for people across the North. Then we go further, we give them the strong foundations they need to crack on with life.
Since our formation in 2017, we’ve been focused on delivering on our three strategic aims - to provide as many good quality homes as we can; to deliver excellent service to our customers; and to shape strong, sustainable places for our communities.
Our footprint covers the Northeast of England and Yorkshire, south from the Scottish border to almost as far as the Humber, where diverse communities face differing opportunities and challenges.
It’s important to us that everyone feels fairly rewarded for the work they do. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that supports the wellbeing of our people.
- Public Affairs Officer – permanent role;
- Salary is £33,451 per annum;
- Contractual location: Gosforth, Newcastle. This is a hybrid role with regular home working but some travel to Gosforth and other locations within the UK as required;
- 37 hours per week with flexible working available;
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits.
The Role of Public Affairs Officer
We are looking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and passionate individual for the role of Public Affairs Officer to help deliver our stakeholder engagement and influencing ambitions.
You will build excellent relationships with local stakeholders including councillors, officers and MPs, as well as with national stakeholders at Westminster and Whitehall. You will be responsible for developing and supporting stakeholder engagement activity including events and meetings. You will also help us support industry sector bodies to campaign on key policy issues and strengthen the narrative for Northern housing associations. We have a real ambition to give Karbon a greater voice in policy influencing and this role will be pivotal to achieving this.
You will be a strong communicator, have an excellent understanding of local, regional and national political systems and processes, and have experience in managing relationships with stakeholders and delivering influencing campaigns.